Anti-Discrimination Commission QLD provides a free and impartial complaint resolution service if you feel you have been subjected to discrimination, sexual harassment, victimisation or vilification.
Phone: 1300 130 670
Australian Human Rights Commission resolves complaints of discrimination against disabled persons. The Australian Human Rights Commission can assist in disability discrimination in these areas:
- Employment. For example, when trying to get a job, equal pay or promotion.
- Education. For example, when enrolling in a school, TAFE, university or other colleges.
- Access to premises used by the public. For example, using libraries, places of worship, government offices, hospitals, restaurants, shops, or other premises used by the public.
- Provision of goods, services and facilities. For example, wanting goods or services from shops, pubs and places of entertainment, cafes, video shops, banks, lawyers, government departments, doctors, hospitals and so on.
- Accommodation. For example, when renting or trying to rent a room in a boarding house, a flat, unit or house.
- Buying land. For example, buying a house, a place for a group of people, or drop-in center.
- Activities of clubs and associations. For example, wanting to enter or join a registered club, (such as a sports club, RSL or fitness center), or when a person is already a member.
- Sport. For example, when wanting to play, or playing a sport.
- Administration of Commonwealth Government laws and programs. For example, when seeking information on government entitlements, trying to access government programs, wanting to use voting facilities.
- Transportation. For example you cannot access transportation because it does not accommodate for disability persons.
Information Service: 1300 656 419
Phone: (02) 9284 9600
Legal Aid Queensland may give you legal advice about discrimination and sexual harassment. Their anti-discrimination unit provides specialist help to victims of discrimination. It doesn’t give legal advice if you have been accused of discrimination or sexual assault.
Phone: 1300 651 188
Office Locations: click here
Disability Law Queensland can assist with discriminiation matters. Contact them to see if they can assist.
Phone: (07) 3622 1250
Office Location: 40 Finsbury St, Newmarket, Qld.
Basic Rights Qld offers a disability discrimination telephone advice service provides information and advice to help a person determine if their problem is disability discrimination and if so, what they can do about it.
Phone: (07) 3847 5532
Cairns Community Legal Service (CCLC) has a specialist Disability discrimination service for members of the community experiencing disadvantage.
Phone: (07) 4031 7688 or 1800 062 608
Legalpedia is an online database operated by LawRight. It contains fact sheets, information and links to advocacy groups.
Easy English Booklet – Getting Legal Help
Legal Aid Queensland have an Easy English booklet to help people understand how to, step by step, get help for thier legal issues.
To view the guide click here
To order the booklet online click here
Phone: 1300 65 11 88