Public Transport Complaints
You can make a complaint to Translink in relation to any of the following services:
- Ticketing, fares, Go Cards
- TransLink Staff
You can lodge your complaint to TransLink via these methods:
- Phone: 13 12 30 (24hr service)
- Online Submission form: https://translink.com.au/contact-us/feedback
- In person – you can find the location of the closest TransLink Office to you here https://translink.com.au/contact-us#online
- Social Media:
- Non-English speaking callers: Call 13 12 30 and request a three-way conversation with an interpreter.
- Callers who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment: Contact TransLink through the National Relay Service which offers a number of call options, including:
- Type and Read/TTY: 133 677. Dial 13 12 30 when asked.
- Internet relay: Connect to the National Relay Service website or use the app and enter 13 12 30 into the box.
- SMS relay: 0423 677 767
- Speak & Listen: 1300 555 727 and ask for 13 12 30.
The Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads is responsible for ensuring people with disability have access to public transport services.
You can contact the Department of Transport and Main Roads complaints centre to make a complaint about access to:
- or Ferry’s
You can make a complaint or provide feedback in the following ways:
- complete on online form
- complete a printable customer complaint form (QF4603)
- write to: Compliments and complaints, GPO Box 1412, Brisbane Qld, 4001
- Phone: 13 23 80 (between 8am and 5pm AEST, Monday to Friday)
- speak to staff at any Transport and Main Roads office or service centre
If you need assistance to provide feedback, click on this link to find services available to assist you
Your complaint will be assessed for action and you may be contacted you for further information.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can request an internal review. An internal review request should:
- be in writing
- be lodged within 28 days of you receiving the decision about your complaint
- detail why you wish the matter be reviewed
- explain how you have been affected by the decision
- detail what action you would like taken to resolve the complaint.
For more information on complaints about a public transport service please click here.
Still unhappy with your public transport complaint?
If you are unhappy with your complaint outcome from Translink or the Department of Transport and Main Roads, you can contact the Queensland Ombudsman
The Queensland Ombudsman is an independent organisation that investigates complaints about the actions and decisions of Queensland’s state and local government agencies.
Write to: Queensland Ombudsman GPO Box 3314 Brisbane QLD 4001
To find accessible public transport in Queensland Click Here.
Legal Aid Queensland may give you legal advice about discrimination in relation to tranport.
Phone: 1300 651 188
Office Locations: Click Here
The Basic Rights Qld disability discrimination telephone advice services provides information and advice to help a person determine if their problem is Disability Discrimination and if so, what they can do about it.
Phone: 1800 358 511
Easy English Booklet – Getting Legal Help
Legal Aid Queensland have an Easy English booklet to help people understand how to, step by step, get help for thier legal issues.
Phone: 1300 65 11 88