Help – Education

The following organisations may be able to give you legal advice.

Moreton Bay Community Legal Service can arrange free legal advice from a lawyer specialising in youth matters.

Youth Advocacy Centre gives free specialist legal advice and help for young people who have been suspended or excluded from school.

YFS Legal gives legal information and advice to young people aged under 25.

LawRight Self Representation Service (QCAT) gives legal advice and helps people at the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal for matters including some education matters, or they give advice about other options to help resolve your dispute. They may also help with drafting documents and correspondence relating to your legal matter with QCAT. They don’t provide representation.

Queensland Law Society can refer you to a specialist private solicitor for advice or representation

Children and Young People with Disability Australia CYDA offers advocacy services for children and young people with disabilities for equal opportunities, participation and inclusion in the Australian community.

Cairns Community Legal Centre (CCLC) may be able to assist with education matters.

Easy English Booklet – Getting Legal Help

Legal Aid Queensland have an Easy English booklet to help people understand how to, step by step, get help for thier legal issues.

To view the guide click here

To order the booklet online click here

Phone: 1300 65 11 88