Complaints – Future Planning

Picture of a lawyers hands signing documents

If you are unsatisfied with any future plans that have been implemented by your family or carers:

  • Discuss your concerns with the decision maker directly
  • If this fails you may want to attempt mediation


You can apply to undergo mediation through a Dispute Resolution Centre. To complete an application for mediation Click here for the online form

You can also contact your nearest dispute resolution centre to discuss other options available to you:

Far North Queensland Dispute Resolution Centre (Cairns)


Phone: (07) 4039 8742 or 1800 671 680 (toll free outside Cairns)

North Queensland Dispute Resolution (Thuringowa)

Phone: (07) 4760 9866;= or1800 809 605 (toll free outside Townsville)

Mackay-Whitsundays Dispute Resolution Centre (Mackay)

Phone: (07) 4967 4404 or 1800 501 576 (toll free outside Mackay)

Central Queensland Dispute Resolution Centre (Rockhamption)

Phone: (07) 4938 4249 or 1800 817 927 (toll free outside Rockhampton)

Wide Bay Dispute Resolution (Pialba)

Phone: (07) 4125 9225 or 1800 681 109 (toll free outside Hervey Bay)

South Queensland Dispute Resolution Centre (Brisbane)

Phone: (07) 3239 6007 or 1800 017 288 (toll free outside Brisbane)

The Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) advocates for adults’ rights, access to services, independence and choices as part of a supported decision-making model. The OPG can also:

  • Investigate allegations of abuse, neglect or exploitation
  • Advocate and mediate for you if you have impaired decision-making capacity

Phone: 1300 653 187 or (07) 3234 0870