Complaints – Decision Making

Picture of a lady on a train platform with the train going past very fast

Public Trustee Queensland – Complaints

In the first instance, you should contact the officer you have been dealing with. That officer will attempt to resolve your concerns or complaint.

  1. If you are dissatisfied with the response from the officer, you should contact the regional manager or the manager of that business unit.
  2. You are encouraged to play an active part in the resolution of your concerns or complaint, by providing as much relevant information as possible to enable us to find a solution to the issue in question.
  3. If you are dissatisfied with the response of the regional manager or manager of the business unit, you have a range of options to have your concern or complaint reconsidered:

Phone: 1800 014 536

Email your complaint to: or

complete the online complaints form or

Write to The Public Trustee: GPO Box 1449, Brisbane Q 4001

For more information visit:

If your complaint is not resolved by communicating with the Public Trustee, you can contact the Queensland Ombudsman:

Write to: Queensland Ombudsman, GPO Box 3314, Brisbane QLD 4001

Phone: (07) 3005 7000 or Toll Free (outside Brisbane): 1800 068 908

Office of the Public Guardian – Complaints

If you believe the decision was made on incorrect or incomplete information, you can contact your Public Guardian officer to discuss the information. You can also write to the officer setting out the information that you know. If you disagree with the reasons, you should speak to the officer about your concerns. If you do not want to contact the officer, you may speak or write to their manager.

An internal review of the decision may occur if the:

  • information you provide is not already known by the officer
  • The Public Guardian considers there are grounds for a review.

The formal complaints process can also consider whether the process the officer used was appropriate and complied with the policies and the principles contained in the guardianship laws. Requests for a review of a decision should be made in writing.

If you are still concerned after completion of the above complaints process and the internal review of the decision, you can contact the Queensland Ombudsman.

Phone: 1800 086 908

For more information on complaints to the Ombudsman go to: