Complaints about State Government Agencies & Local Councils

See the below referral guide for who to contact for help about your type of issue
Complaint About Contact for Complaints Telephone Website
Provision of medical treatment in public health facilities Office of the Health Ombudsman 133 646 
Discrimination, sexual harassment, victimisation and vilification Queensland Human Rights Commission 1300 130 670
Decisions of Ministers and Queensland government agencies on access to and amendment of information under the Right to Information Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Act 2009


Breach of the ‘privacy principles’ that govern how Queensland government agencies collect, store, use and disclose personal information

Office of the Information Commissioner 3234 7373 
Disability discrimination Australian Human Rights Commission 1300 369 711
Housing department decisions Housing Appeals and Review Unit
Operational actions of the Queensland Police Service Queensland Police Service


Crime and Corruption Commission

131 444


1800 061 611 

Police Misconduct Crime and Corruption Commission 1800 061 611
Corruption by state and local public officers, including members of Parliament Crime and Corruption Commission 1800 061 611 
Disability Service Providers Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors 1800 177 120
Public Trustee Queensland Public Trustee Queensland 1800 014 536
Office of the Public Guardian Office of the Public Guardian 1300 653 187
Rights of children and young people in care Office of the Public Guardian 1800 661 553
Water supplied by Queensland Urban Utilities, Unity Water, Redland City Council, Logan City Council or Gold Coast City Council to a residence Energy and Water Ombudsman 1800 662 837
Workers Compensation WorkCover Queensland 1300 362 128