Exit settings menu


Play narration

Play narration

Pause narration

Pause narration

Resume narration

Resume narration

Stop narration

Stop narration

Adjust font size

Go to settings menu
Go back a page
Go to the home page

Complaints & Help - ATO


If you have a complaint try contacting the tax officer you have been dealing with and discussing your concerns. If you are not satisfied with their response, contact the officer's direct manager. If you are still not satisfied you may consider lodging a formal complaint.


Lodging Formal Complaints:

You can lodge you complaint in several differnt ways.

Online Complaint Form: Clcik Here

Phone: 1800 199 010 (or 13 26 77 if you have a hearing, speech or communications impairment)
Fax: 1800 060 063
Mail: Australian Taxation Office
         PO BOX 1271
         ALBURY NSW 2640





Commonwealth Ombudsman - If you are unhappy with the way the ATO have handled your complaint, you can contact:

Phone: 1800 362 072 or 1800 060 789 (if you identify as Indigenous)
Website: www.ombudsman.gov.au 

Online Complaints Form: Click Here


Queensland Law Society - If you need specific legal advice about taxation you will need private legal advice. The Queensland Law Society can refer you to a specialist private lawyer for advice or representation.

Website:  www.qls.com.au


Tax Practitioners Board - Administers the registration of tax agents and can investigate complaints about the conduct of tax agents.

            Phone: 1300 362 829
            Email: enquirymanagement@tpb.gov.au
            Website: www.tpb.gov.au


Inspector General of Taxation

If you are still unsatisfied with the outcome of a full complaints process with teh Australian Tax Office, you can contact the Inspector General of Taxation to further investigate your concerns:

Online Complaint Form: Click Here

Website: www.igt.gov.au
Phone: 1300 44 88 29
Mail: Inspector-General of Taxation
         GPO Box 551
         Sydney NSW 2001